Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Breakfast Cookies

My friend brought these over to me fresh out of the oven and I ate all 6 right away.  I'm sensing a theme here with me devouring a lot of cookies in one sitting!  I don't really know why they are called breakfast cookies because they have all the makings of a regular cookie but they were extra soft....

Breakfast Cookies
Recipe from Renee Waterer, in my ward


1/4 c. butter, margarine, or shortening
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. peanut butter
3 c. uncooked oats (rolled better than quick)
1 + 1/4 t. baking soda
3-4 oz. chocolate chips (2/3 c-1 c)
optional: 2 T. flour and 2 T water, for high altitude

Blend butters and sugars.  Blend in vanilla and eggs.  Combine oats, baking soda, and flour in another bowl.  Drizzle in the 2 T. water while stirring into the mixture of oats.  Add the oat mixture to butter mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.  The edges only should start to turn golden, let cookies sit for 1-2 minutes to finish cooking the center.  Remove to rack and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment