A french girl in Jeremiah's section at HBS came over a few weeks ago and made these cakes for us. If you are a chocolate lover then you will LOVE these. So so goodand perfect with some vanilla ice cream. I've never been a huge fan of molten chocolate cause I feel like it had weird ingredients but this is simple and rich. But mostly I'm posting it to keep a record of it.
Ingredients (for 5/6 ramekins):
200g (7 oz) of dark chocolate (I use 70% in general of Lindt if available)
120g (1/2 c) of butter
90g (~1/2 c) of sugar
2 tablespoons of flour
1. Preheat the oven (400F)
2. Brake the chocolate in pieces and put 5/6 pieces aside (one per ramekin)
3. Slowly melt the chocolate with the butter (putting metal bowel in pot of hot water and heating up on stove)
4. Mix the eggs with the sugar and mix it until the batter becomes a little clearer and foaming. Then add the flour. Mix again.
5. Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
6. Fill each ramekin with the batter. Add one piece of chocolate per ramekin, and push it down slightly so that it will ‘disappear’.
7. Bake for 9 minutes exactly. The test if it is done is if the middle doesn't jiggle.