|Photo from myrecipes.com|
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
|Photo from Yourhomebasedmom.com|
This is the best recipe for a really quick, delicious roll. If you have time make the real ones, but if you need something quick and easy these are really good. Oh, I did not use Orange Essential Oil, I just used orange juice concentrate and it worked great.
Quick and Easy
Recipe from Yourhomebasedmom.com
grated rind of one orange
1/2 C sugar
1 C powdered sugar
1 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp orange juice
Mix together until smooth
Add in 2-3 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil or to desired taste (optional but oh so good!)
Thaw dough in the refrigerator over night or 2-3 hours prior to use. Cover with plastic wrap while thawing.
Grate orange rind and mix with sugar. Roll thawed roll in melted butter and then in sugar and rind mixture.
Place on greased cookie sheet or 9 x 13 pan. Cover with plastic wrap and allow rolls to double in size – approximately 1 hour. Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Let cool 5 minutes and frost with citrus glaze while warm.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
We had a pot luck luncheon in my ward a couple weeks ago and one of the dishes there was this chili. The girl that made it said that her aunt makes it and wins all sorts of cook-offs with it. So, I asked for the recipe and gave it a whirl last night. And, it did not disappoint. It was so yummy and I loved the change up from regular, old tortilla soup. Just FYI, I had to change the recipe up a bit b/c she used dry beans and cooked it over the stove, but it still came out just as scrumptious!
adapted from Laura Shelley
3 cans Great Northern Beans
1 onion, diced
1 24-oz can chicken broth
2-3 small chicken breasts (I used frozen. If you use thawed ones, be sure to add more chicken broth)
1 (7 oz.) can chopped green chilies
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 T dried oregano
3 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Put all ingredients in crockpot , except for the sour cream and cheese. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Add cheese and stir until all incorporated. Serve with chips, if desired. (You don't need to garnish with any more cheese or sour cream as there's already plenty!)
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I subbed cayenne pepper to bring down the heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- Mix with approx. 2 pounds of meat, beans, or whatever your heart desires.
|Photo courtesy of Our Best Bites|
Monday, October 17, 2011
|Photo from recipesfromhome-online.com|
Even I didn't fail at this so it must truly be "never fail". It made me get all kinds of flutters inside to make a pie crust. Makes me feel like one of those perfect mothers from the 1950's...until I started yelling at my kids and realized I am totally from the 2000's!
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011
Marcy's BBQ Chicken Salad
1 pound skinless, boneless Chicken breast*, brush with barbecue sauce and BBQ on the grill or in oven. Cut into bite-size pieces (2 cups cooked chicken)
8 cups mixed greens (Romaine with some spring mix is good)
1 red apple, core, cut in bite size pieces, leaving on the red peel
(toss with a little lemon juice to keep white)
1/2 cup corn kernels (frozen or defrosted – doesn’t matter)
1/2 cup spicy peanuts
1/3 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
1 cup tortilla thin strips, or slightly crushed reg. tortillas chips, blue or plain
1 cup dressing , ¾ cup ranch dressing mixed with
¼ cup *barbecue sauce
1 cup blue cheese or *shredded cheese, mix cheddar and jack
*if it’s a non-blue cheese group
Toss ingredients together except for dressing and chips. Let people serve themselves the amount of dressing they prefer. Serve chips to the side so don’t get soggy.
Serves 6-8 generously
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
|Photo from realmomkitchen.com|
This sounds weird but it was really, really good and who doesn't love a really fast meal? Definitely a keeper!
Microwave Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Recipe from realmomkitchen.com
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or diced (this is about 2 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup french fried onion, divided
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp dried cilantro or 3 Tbsp fresh
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas (the big burrito sized ones)
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, 1/2 cup of fried onions, chopped green chilies, taco seasoning, and chopped cilantro. Mix until well combined combine.
- Cut up one of the tortilla into 1 inch pieces using a pizza wheel. Add to the chicken mixture and stir until blended in.
- Place the remaining tortilla into a 9 inch pie plate, this will create the crust for your pie. Spoon the mixture into the tortilla/crust.
- Place in microwave and microwave on high for about five minutes. Sprinkle the pie with the remaining cheese followed by the fried onions. Microwave for one minute more, or until cheese is melted. Keep in mind that microwave varies, so cooking time may vary too. Makes 6 servings.